Speaking of Cabin Fever

Monday, February 20, 2006

This past weekend all my roommates went home and I was very lonely. Something about this apartment eats away at me to my very core. Just one day alone here will drive me up a wall! No joke. I've freaked people out before by calling them constantly and being generally annoying all because I'm so lonely.

Artsy-Fartsy, me being bored and creative.

Thank god it doesn't happen often. Usually about once a year.

Well, this time, I took it out on Adam. He was a good sport about it too. Friday night I palled around and watched the movie Saved. I wanted to show it to him and Kevin and there were a bunch of other people there too. I think I know a couple of their names now that they've made fun of me for it, but what can I say, there were a lot of them and I get confused easily.

After the movie, David whipped out his PS2 guitar playing game and we all rocked out. Everyone really liked the game and it just reminded me of DDR so much! That's all I wanted to play too but not everyone has a pad and game just lying around. I knew I was going to get cabin fever by around noon Saturday so I forced them all into making plans to play DDR that night.

They really enjoyed themselves (^u^)

David, Josh, Nina. Notice the funny face Josh is making. I make the same faces too when I'm concentrating on this game. Adam saw that they had dance pads on sale so he got one and a used game. I brought my pad and my game and showed 'em how it was done ;)

My pad is of course the one wrapped in plastic on top of a wooden board. Does it show that I'm an uber nerd?


And this is how we spent out Saturday night. It was so much fun! I went home with sore cheeks because I was smiling and laughing so much.

I think Josh and I look good with coordinating footsteps. But I don't think that many of these pictures are flattering. Personally, I don't wear shorts very often, despite the Florida heat. I have two good reasons for this, 1. I don't like shaving. Sad truth, but I don't. 2. I have ugly legs! They are the skinniest part about me and every now and then I look in the mirror and think Damn, I'm way too thin! It's gross sometimes. But as for my legs, there's a reason for the skinny chicken legs.

I was born with Club feet. This means that both of my feet were turned inwards and facing each other. I had a couple of surgeries and plenty of casts and braces all over my feet well into my second year. I'm only going by stories that I was told when I was younger, so some of this information might be off, but it's close enough.

First, they cut a C on both of my ankles and shortened my Achilles tendon so my heal went up higher. Then they did something with a pin in my heal as well. I don't remember why. But the scars healed funny and now I have a little belly button on my right foot. :) very cute.

This procedure usually works in fixing the situation but sometimes it doesn't. So, the next thing they did was just have me grow into the right position. I had a bunch of different shoes and casts and I even had these little shoes that had a bar going between them so that they would hold my feet in place. In the end, my ankles are really thin because they never got the chance to grow properly. But hey! I can still walk and better yet, I can play DDR! It's really a miracle!

Once, when I was in high school, I saw this guy walking around on the balls of his feet and it took me a while to realize that he wasn't handicapped or anything, he had club feet and just like me, the first procedure didn't work. I guess something happened and they couldn't finish. His arms moved strangely when he walked to keep his balance and it really made him look odd. I'm so thankful that I can walk. I don't think I fully realize that I shouldn't be able to do anything when it comes to me legs.

I hung out again on Sunday. I really think I was wearing out my welcome. But what can I say, make some people a little uncomfortable for a few hours and have a few laughs at the same time, or go crazy at home. I chose the former. We played my version of cash, the card game. And good times were had by all!

4 shared their love:

Anonymous said...

Cabin Fever
from 'Muppet Treasure Island'

I got cabin fever it's burning in my brain
I've got cabin fever it's driving me insane
We got cabin fever, we're flipping our bandanas
Been stuck at sea so long we have simply gone bananas

Ariba!
Chica chica boom
A chica chica boom boom chic
Chica chica boom
A chica chica boom boom chic

We got cabin fever we've lost what sense we had
We got cabin fever, we're all going mad

Grab your partner by the ears
Lash him to the wheel
Do-si-do step on his toe
Listen to him squeal
Allemande left, allemande right
It's time to sail or sink
Swing your partner over the side
Drop him in the drink

We got cabin fever
No if's, and's, or but's
We're disoriented
And demented
And a little nuts

Ach du lieber Volswagen car
(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)
Saur braten viener schnitzel
Und a vunder bar
(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)

We were sailing, sailing the wind was on our side
And then it died

I've got cabin fever
I think I've lost my grip
I'd like to get my hands on
Whoever wrote this script
Si!

I was floating 'neath a tropic moon
And dreaming of a blue lagoon
Now I'm crazy as a loon

Cabin fever has ravaged all aboard
This once proud vessel has become a floating psycho ward
We were sailing, sailing headed who knows where
And now though we're all here
We're not all there

Cabin fever!

Anonymous said...

you know if you're bored, you could always call me :P

Anonymous said...

But I don't even know you!

Anonymous said...

har har

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger