Story of my life Part 5

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I woke up in one of the most miserable moods ever! What was I going to do about my computer?! Send it off to America, have it repaired there! I'm barely surviving after three days of a nonfunctioning comp and I can't imagine what a few weeks would do to me! This is my best friend!!!!

Well, if I had a boyfriend I'm sure it would help my situation. But no call from CBB! WHYYYYY?!?!?!

I decided that I should probably drop by the bagel place on Saturday when I go into the city for genki rehearsals. With that in mind, I needed to start looking cute. First step, nail care! I began rummaging through my drawers looking for a nail file when I came across my dell windows xp disc. It was the missing piece to my puzzle. No wonder I couldn't reformat!! PRAISE THE LORD AND THE BAGEL BOY!!!

I almost cried I was so relived.

I then went to work and had a nice day being unhappy. See, even though I was relieved to have found my disc, I was still facing erasing my entire hard drive over some stupid STUPID file that I didn't even need! And besides, it was like a lingering phantom pain. I was still upset over the idea of having a broken computer despite my being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.


Once at work, the bitch next to me conveniently left me out of her lessons again but it was all the same to me. I didn't want to be there anyway, especially not in her class. (though her students are some of the best. Damn double edge sword of reality)

Even though I was slightly bored, I notice that everyone was working like crazy. On top of all the crazy that my life seems to be in right now, I also started thinking about my students. Since I wasn't at Odochi, I tried to focus my attention on my Tosayamada classes and all I could think about was my 2nd years and their botched up pen pal lesson! I could take Kathy's advice and show them how mad I was by giving them a lecture but in all honesty, I was the one who should have known better. It's because I'm a new and inexperienced teacher that got the class into trouble. Not the lack of responsibly on the students parts. Besides, it was only Tuesday, Thursday would really reveal if I had messed up royally or not.


Instead, I started lesson writing. I decided that since there were only two classes left for the 2nd years, and I couldn't use another day for pen pals *sigh* I decided that I would show them Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Wererabbit. Very cute movie. It would work out perfectly. It was the exact amount of time as two classes would allow. I made plans with my JTE to reserve the AV room and also rent the movie. As I said earlier, everyone was really busy and he kept forgetting to do it all day. But I didn’t want to insult him by constantly bugging him so I let it lie.

When school ended I hooked up with my English club students and began baking Chewy Chocolate cookies!!! (Look for the recipe on the Tosayamada home page…when I get it all up and running. Gah one more thing!)

Normally in situations like cooking for club activities, I am told that the students and teachers who want to participate will gather in the home ec room and great fun is had by all. Except that the home ec teacher is a very nice but very strict woman. Without hesitation she abruptly said “NO, it’s not ok to use my room. It’s for classes only!” Alright. Can’t argue with that.

So instead, I brought what I had from home and also barrowed an oven from my supervisor. The same oven that I used for International day and my wonderful smores! We were all very grateful to her. On the down side though, the oven was on the tiny side and so we were only able to make 7 cookies at a time. The recipe makes about 60 some cookies. On the up side, the oven was hotter than I expected and the cookies took half the time to cook!

When some of the students started getting bored around 5:30, I sent them out to give cookies to all the teachers. By 7, we were ready to go home all towing 2 cookies each for personal consumption.

I then ran to the store to get supplies for more cookies since I was going to be doing the same thing the next day at Odochi and then settled in at home for some ramen and computer reformatting.

I put the pot to boil and popped my disc in. 1 hour after initiation, of which there is no turning back, Dan emailed my keitai and informed me that he had in fact found the solution to my problem and there was no need to reformat!!! YEAH!!!

I just about threw noodles all over my poor monitor.

Progress on the computer: Newer than factory issue!

Call from CBB: no

0 shared their love:

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger