Highlight This

Monday, March 27, 2006

So, all of my teachers have decided that the last three weeks of the semester is the perfect time to assign everything and also make it due in equally short of time. Yes, I've known that most of these assignment were coming up but half of them are difficult to do without actually taking the majority of the class. So, here's what I have to do before I can pass my classes:

1. Crime in America
-Group presentation (1 hour)
-Medium essay (2 hours)
-Final (after typing up notes, 1 hour of study)

2. Bio-behavioral Anthropology
-Speech (after reading article, 2 hours) DONE
-Final (after typing up notes, 3 hours of group study)

Ok, those first two, not bad. They are easy, piece of cake, water off a ducks back. I'm not worried about them.

3. Philosophy of Language
-Medium Essay #4 (half done, total of 2 days)
-Medium Essay #5 (probably 2 days)
-Medium Essay #6 (half a day) <-- Easier essay format
-Large Essay (1 week)
-Final (wing it, I have no idea what to study for)

Ok, so my teacherS (how do I emphasize that I have one too many teachers for this class?) told us that we had 6 essays plus a final large research paper to do. They made the first due half way through the semester, the second due three weeks after that and now they have one due every other class. What is up with that?! It's only taking me so long to write a philosophy paper because I have no idea what I'm talking about. There's barely any research that needs to be done and I still am at a complete loss. Most people think it's easy and for anyone that can BS, yes it is. But I can't BS. I don't know how to do it and I've been trying and getting B's on all my papers. Personally, I'm shocked as to why. They aren't very good, they don't say much of anything, and they aren't even written well!

4. Chinese History
-Book Assignment #2 (2 weeks to read the book, 1 hour to do assignment)
-Book Assignment #3 (1 week to read the book [that's all the time I have] two hours to bs the assignment)
-Book Report (2 weeks to read the book, 1 week to write paper)
-Final (study for 3 days straight)

These assignments are also not that bad but when I'm trying to write a bunch of Philosophy papers as well as read a bunch of books about Chinese history, it gets a little overwhelming. I want to do well in Chinese class so I'd like to actually read the books. I won't have that luxury for Book #3. She gave us more than half the semester to read the first book! Also, the final is essay format which means I have to memorize half a notebooks worth of notes. I barely scraped through with a B on the midterm and I really knew my stuff. (-_-;)

So, needless to say I've been reading a lot of articles, essays, and books. It's gotten pretty bad but I refuse to read a school book before I go to bed. I don't want to be dreaming about any Chinese Revolutions, Verbage Usages, or Sexual Dimorphic Mate Preferences in Japan. Instead, I've gone back to reading Lord of the Rings. I can't escape it though. While I was reading for all of 5 minutes last night before I passes out, I read something that might be important to know later on and I almost whipped out my pen to underline it so I could go back and take notes. (ToT) It was an automatic reaction that I won't miss after I graduate.

0 shared their love:

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger