Who’s That Knocking at my Door?

Monday, October 9, 2006

Why, it’s a Jehovah’s Witness!

So, I kept waking myself up this morning thinking that the guys were going to be there any minute with my couch but 9am finally rolled around and I realized that I was only dreaming. I got up and started cleaning so they would have a place to put it once they got here. I actually did more than necessary. Because I had bought so many clothes yesterday, I went through all of my drawers and got rid of the tank tops and shorts and put them in storage. I’m going to really need to work on the storage issue but that is for another time.

Just as I was finishing I got the call from the sofa guys. They spoke really fast but I got the idea that they had my couch and was it ok? YES! OK DESU!

So I sit back and wait. I knew it would be about an hour before they got here. I started cleaning some more and after about a half hour I heard the door bell. WHOO my couch!!!!

No such luck. It was a Jehovah’s witness. Somehow, just seeing him I knew he was one of four things:

1. a politician though that seemed unlikely because the elections are over
2. a sales person though that was also unlikely because he didn’t have anything to sell
3. a person asking for donations, this seemed likely because he had a little booklet with a dirty and crying child on it
Or
4. a Jehovah’s Witness

I just somehow knew. He asked me if I could speak Japanese and I told him that I understood only a little. He asked me if I could read Japanese…no…but I didn’t tell him that. He then asked me where I was from. America. Ahhhh, America…hmmmm…and he starts flipping through his booklet and read, AH English…(I thought that was obvious) he then flips some more and get’s to the English speech he’s supposed to read but instead he hand’s it to me. Lo and behold he is in fact a Jehovah’s Witness. I got two Japanese pamphlet’s telling me how I can make a difference. He was a nice guy :) but not for me.

So I was disappointed and went back to cleaning some more. This boredom thing has really improved my apartment!

5 minutes later the movers came in, plopped the couch down and were off. Almost no Japanese needed.

Hi, we have the sofa, where do you want it? Here is ok? Ok bye.

\(^v^) I have my sofa (^v^)/

0 shared their love:

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger