For the love of Japan

Friday, September 16, 2005

Things finally seem to be looking up, dare I speak too soon. Maybe the weather has changed from being so rainy and generally crappy to more heat and humidity. Ahhh just the way it should be here in sweltering Florida.

I have new found motivation to continue researching my 40 page paper. Everyone has been blown away that I'm actually going to do this. They want me to call it a thesis, graduates work, or at least honors credit. But no, I am going to only get 3 glorious credits and be done with it. But I'll be very proud of myself and I must say this is a first for me. But honestly, I am proud of myself and that's really all I need...For once. I must be growing up!

As for my checklist of things to get done for the JET application, I now have absolutely everything except a completed essay. I have about two paragraphs left to write to create a full two pages. But I don't know what else to write! I almost started asskissing but that's exactly what it sounded like so I guess it wasn't the best approach. It was something like: I want to rid all of Japan of it's stereotypes of Americans that they see on MTV... uh no. To an extent I really do want to do something like that, but I just don't want to state it like that. For example, in every anime that has an American in it, the men are cowboys or fat and loud and the women are blond busty and loud as well. Though I can't keep them from confirming that all American's are loud (especially in comparison to themselves) I can let them see that not all American women are big and busty. Right on!! *sobs*

Now it seems that the application for JET won't be out until October. WTF?!?! It doesn't matter. I'll have everything ready by the time it does come out and it'll be in the mail the instant I get my grubby little hands on it.

0 shared their love:

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger