Ya-foo

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I know I haven't posted in a while. I was busy with the Largo Student Exchange and now I'm in full swing "Nina Evacuation".

And speaking of "getting the hell out of here" I've been in the process of canceling accounts and packing up. Today, I got around to calling YahooBB to cancel my service.

Customer Service Representative: Thank you for calling the YahooBB English Hotline, how can I help you?
Nina: Yes, I'd like to cancel my service by the end of this month.
CSR: Certainly, we'll send you the cancellation paperwork right away. It should be there within the week. The service is billed monthly so your internet connection will continue until the end of this month. If we do not receive the cancellation paperwork by the end of this month, we will charge you for next month.
Nina: That's fine. I should have it sent before then.
CSR: May I ask you how you are currently being billed?
Nina: Direct withdrawal from my bank account. It will be closed by the end of this month.
CSR: Is there any way for the account to remain open for the month of August?
Nina:...I'm leaving the country, so I don't think that's possible. Is there anyway for you to send me a paper bill that I can pay myself?
CSR: I'm sorry to say that's not possible. YahooBB will bill July's service in August. Go ahead and close the account. When we see that the account is no longer active, we will send a paper bill to your address in September. Is that ok?
Nina:.... (Not gonna be there but...) Sure.

YahooBB really has their thumbs up their asses. If the company had an eye, I'd spit in it. If they know NOW that I will not be able to pay via bank account, why can't they go into the computer system NOW and change the billing instead of waiting 2 months!?!?!???!?!?!

2 months seems to be a big thing with this company. Their world revolves on a 2 month system. Nothing will ever happen faster than 2 months. Good Lord how their systems would crash if someone were to go in and MANUALLY adjust something.


Disclaimer: Everyone I have ever spoken to that works for YahooBB has been nothing more than the epitome of kindness. Japan will never be beat when it comes to politeness and customer respect.

Also, I realize this isn't ACTUALLY a major issue. Sure, they'll bill me in September and I'll pay it and be fine. It's not like I'm falling off the face of the planet. If this is the worst thing I ever have to deal with in Japan (and let me assure you, things could be MUCH worse) I think I'm getting off pretty well.

At the same time, YahooBB is fucking shit...just fyi

0 shared their love:

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger