Adventures in Driving Land

Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm in the process of getting my drivers license. It's a horrible process. The rules for driving on the course are strict and people have been known to go a bit mental after taking the test more than twice. Some have been known to pass it on their first try but most take it an average of 6.

Each time is at least $40 and an entire day of vacation wasted from the few I'm given in the first place.

As of today, I have taken the test twice.

Here's an email I sent to a friend that pretty much sums things up:

Last Friday was total crap. I studied my ass off and I knew what I needed to do. I didn't even get confused on the course! But what I did do was drive like I was drunk! (compared to what they actually wanted me to do) I was all over the place in my lane because I just didn't know how to move from the right or left of each lane before turning and all that jazz. I just didn't have enough time. I should have been going about 10kmh instead of like 25.

Sunday, I went down with Stevo and he sat shotgun while I drove for an hour on the course ($60). This morning, I went into the course and I was the only one there! I got this really nice old guy.

When I was practicing with Stevo, we kept making jokes and I said "ok, yoshi, and hai" so many times that I started getting this really weird teacher/girly tone to my voice when I said anything. So on the test today, I totally kept doing the same thing! I was like "hajimemashyo" *cute smirk and a wink* and went on my way. It was almost sing song! And I think the guy really liked that. Besides that, I kept saying things as I felt like it. For example, after stopping completely, I'd say "ikimashyo" etc etc.


In the end, he called me into the classroom and used the chalk on the map to show me exactly what I had done wrong with details!!! He said that I changed lanes really well but I need to check my blind spots when taking turns and I need to change lanes at THESE SPECIFIC LOCATIONS. It was amazing (^u^)v

I still failed in the end but I'm really confident about it for this Wednesday. That man probably just saved my life!

-Nina

1 shared their love:

Unknown said...

Good Luck on Wednesday!

 
Spreading Nina Love All Over the World - by Templates para novo blogger